01. From my phone
My japanese friends (exchange students) tell me the japanese for words when I ask them, as they're great :]. But rather than it take up my phone memory, I'm going to blog it.
01 Shirani - I don't understand
02 Waka ra ni - I don't know
03 Boku wa John desu - My name is John
04 Anata wa - You are
05 Omai wa - You are (Angrier than Anata wa)
06 Nanni? - What?
07 Nandayo - What? (Angrier than Nanni?)
08 Konbanwa - Good Evening.
09 Itekimas - I'm going now (Use as Goodbye)
10 Idatekimas - (No Translation) (Say it before a meal)
11 Soudaioh - That's Correct
12 Hyaku! - Hurry up!
13 Choto Mateyo! - Wait a minute! (Not literal)
14 Matte - Wait
15 Gomen/Gomenasai - Sorry
16 Urusai - Shut up
17 Jodan ja nai - (use it as) I can't believe it
18 Uuso - Lying
19 Samasugiru - Too cold
20 Onegaishimas - Best Regards OR I'm so sorry OR Please (desperation)
21 Itterashi - Be careful (Use it after someone says "Itekimas")
22 Kaminari ga heso o toru - Lightning bolts will strike at your navel (traditional saying)
23 Abinasugiru - Too dangerous
24 Nazo - Mystery (Nazo-da : It's a mystery)
25 Motto - More
26 Kaitechi - Comfortable
27 Yaruki ga nai - I can't be bothered (Literally "Yaruki" means to do something new, and ga nai negatises it; more like I don't want to do something new)
28 Setsumei dekinai - I can't explain [that/it]
29 Getsuyobi - Monday
30 Kayobi - Tuesday
31 Suiyobi - Wednesday
32 Mokuyobi - Thursday
33 Kinyobi - Friday
34 Doyobi - Saturday
35 Nichiyobi - Sunday
36 Ni - To
37 Iku - Go
38 Ikanai - How about going/I don't want to go (depending on pronunciation - ending with a high note = 1st, low note =2nd)
39 Kinyobi, Custard Factory ni ikanai - On Friday, let's go to the Custard Factory (lit.; Friday, Custard Factory to how about going)
40 Kyo - Today
41 Kyujitsu - Weekend
42 Dodata - How was
43 Kyujitsu dodata? - How was your weekend?
44 Keisatsu - Policeman
45 Ie - House
46 De - By
47 Watashi wa anata no ie ni bus de iku - I'll go to your house by bus
48 So - So (same meaning)
49 Towa - (No translation - can be included in some sentences if you like the sound but no actual meaning)
50 Omou - Think
51 Omowanai - I don't think
52 Yujyuhudan - Indecisive
53 So (towa) omowanai - I don't think so
54 Hashiru - Run
55 Hashiranai - Don't run
56 Amari - Very much
57 Yokunai - Not good
58 Watashi no nihongo amari yokunai - My japanese is not good
59 Mo choto yukuri - Please speak slower
60 Onegai - Please
61 Konnintiwa - Hello (Good day)
62 Ohayo - Good morning
63 Hen - Weird
64 Hensugiru - Too weird
65 Hentai - Pervert
66 -san - Mr. (add at end of name)
66 -sama - Honey (close one/upperclassman)
67 -sensei - Teacher
68 -kun - Boy (that you don't know so well)
69 -chan - Girl ( '' )
70 Kin - Gold
71 Barai - Spicy
72 Otanjobi - Happy birthday
73 Omedetou - Congradulations
74 Tanoshimou ne - Let's have fun
75 Shinigami - God of Death
76 Ichi - One
77 Ni - Two
78 San - Three
79 Shi - Four / Death (context)
80 Go - Five
81 Roku - Six
82 Nana - Seven
83 Hachi - Eight
84 Kyu - Nine
85 Juu - Ten
86 Mushi - Bug
87 Seiyuu - Voice actor
That's all for today. Racked my brain but can't think of any more for the moment.
- John
My japanese friends (exchange students) tell me the japanese for words when I ask them, as they're great :]. But rather than it take up my phone memory, I'm going to blog it.
01 Shirani - I don't understand
02 Waka ra ni - I don't know
03 Boku wa John desu - My name is John
04 Anata wa - You are
05 Omai wa - You are (Angrier than Anata wa)
06 Nanni? - What?
07 Nandayo - What? (Angrier than Nanni?)
08 Konbanwa - Good Evening.
09 Itekimas - I'm going now (Use as Goodbye)
10 Idatekimas - (No Translation) (Say it before a meal)
11 Soudaioh - That's Correct
12 Hyaku! - Hurry up!
13 Choto Mateyo! - Wait a minute! (Not literal)
14 Matte - Wait
15 Gomen/Gomenasai - Sorry
16 Urusai - Shut up
17 Jodan ja nai - (use it as) I can't believe it
18 Uuso - Lying
19 Samasugiru - Too cold
20 Onegaishimas - Best Regards OR I'm so sorry OR Please (desperation)
21 Itterashi - Be careful (Use it after someone says "Itekimas")
22 Kaminari ga heso o toru - Lightning bolts will strike at your navel (traditional saying)
23 Abinasugiru - Too dangerous
24 Nazo - Mystery (Nazo-da : It's a mystery)
25 Motto - More
26 Kaitechi - Comfortable
27 Yaruki ga nai - I can't be bothered (Literally "Yaruki" means to do something new, and ga nai negatises it; more like I don't want to do something new)
28 Setsumei dekinai - I can't explain [that/it]
29 Getsuyobi - Monday
30 Kayobi - Tuesday
31 Suiyobi - Wednesday
32 Mokuyobi - Thursday
33 Kinyobi - Friday
34 Doyobi - Saturday
35 Nichiyobi - Sunday
36 Ni - To
37 Iku - Go
38 Ikanai - How about going/I don't want to go (depending on pronunciation - ending with a high note = 1st, low note =2nd)
39 Kinyobi, Custard Factory ni ikanai - On Friday, let's go to the Custard Factory (lit.; Friday, Custard Factory to how about going)
40 Kyo - Today
41 Kyujitsu - Weekend
42 Dodata - How was
43 Kyujitsu dodata? - How was your weekend?
44 Keisatsu - Policeman
45 Ie - House
46 De - By
47 Watashi wa anata no ie ni bus de iku - I'll go to your house by bus
48 So - So (same meaning)
49 Towa - (No translation - can be included in some sentences if you like the sound but no actual meaning)
50 Omou - Think
51 Omowanai - I don't think
52 Yujyuhudan - Indecisive
53 So (towa) omowanai - I don't think so
54 Hashiru - Run
55 Hashiranai - Don't run
56 Amari - Very much
57 Yokunai - Not good
58 Watashi no nihongo amari yokunai - My japanese is not good
59 Mo choto yukuri - Please speak slower
60 Onegai - Please
61 Konnintiwa - Hello (Good day)
62 Ohayo - Good morning
63 Hen - Weird
64 Hensugiru - Too weird
65 Hentai - Pervert
66 -san - Mr. (add at end of name)
66 -sama - Honey (close one/upperclassman)
67 -sensei - Teacher
68 -kun - Boy (that you don't know so well)
69 -chan - Girl ( '' )
70 Kin - Gold
71 Barai - Spicy
72 Otanjobi - Happy birthday
73 Omedetou - Congradulations
74 Tanoshimou ne - Let's have fun
75 Shinigami - God of Death
76 Ichi - One
77 Ni - Two
78 San - Three
79 Shi - Four / Death (context)
80 Go - Five
81 Roku - Six
82 Nana - Seven
83 Hachi - Eight
84 Kyu - Nine
85 Juu - Ten
86 Mushi - Bug
87 Seiyuu - Voice actor
That's all for today. Racked my brain but can't think of any more for the moment.
- John


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home